Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
SEO Lunch and Learn
Transcript of SEO Lunch and Learn
Sites that do not integrate marketable content into their strategies will see themselves overtaken in search results.
SEO is made up of a variety of areas that work together.
Search Engine Optimization
Social chatter is now arguably a bigger ranking factor than traditional link building.
Analysis & Research
- Set goals
- Site audit
- Competitive analysis
- Research keyword trends/market
- Develop new tactics for
improvement & problem
- Site architecture
- Structure steers visitors to
information they seek
- Keyword implementation
- Quality of content
- Incorporate targeted keywords appropriately
- Add content where needed
- Update content frequently
- Create content that people will want to share
- Authorship markup
- Target keywords that you may
not have optimized for on
The core of SEO.
- Social mentions/links
- Engaging your target audience is more crucial than ever before
- Build an online community that will share your messages/content
- Respond to any negativity about your business
- Social icons and ease of content sharing
Links are still a major factor in ranking and they can be earned in a wide variety of ways- get creative.
- Search engines are now much stricter on judging the quality of a link (link spam and unreputable sources)
- Directories not enough
- Content is great for link building
- Utilize social channels
- Better quality links = higher domain authority, =
better ranking, = more traffic to your website
Your website must offer value to a visitor in order to rank well.
Sharing content externally helps earn links and build awareness of your business.
Client Education & Cooperation
Educate the client so they have an understanding of what it takes to be successful.
- Clients need to be involved- SEO is not a "set it and forget it" deal
- Recommendations need to be discussed
or approved in a timely manner
- Be aware of any legal/regulatory
restrictions on content
the process of improving a website's visibility in search results by ensuring its content is highly relevant to a target audience and developed in a way that is easily indexable for search engine crawlers and user-friendly for visitors.
- Cross-browser and cross-device compatibility, mobile optimized
- Image optimization
- Content is king
- Anchor text for links
- Focus on functionality
Examples of Designing with SEO in Mind:
There are many ways to create great-looking website elements that search engines are able to read and index.
- Remember that search engines cannot read text in image form.
Examples of Social Media's Effect on SEO
Examples of Technical Optimization:
Page Titles & Meta Descriptions
Your friends' activity influences your search results as well:
Where to Build Links
A website designed with SEO in mind is much more effective.
Additional effort is needed in order to optimize for multiple regions.
- Unique URLs for each language
- Geotargeted regions
- XML sitemap
- Specify alternate content to search engines
- Extensive keyword research
1. SEO Overview
2. Next Steps
1. Set goals
- Determine KPI's, begin Analysis & Research
2. Technical Optimization
- Site functionality, implementation of keywords
- Quality, keyword-focused, ease of sharing
- Social, online reputation, link building