Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Medal of Honor
Transcript of Medal of Honor
Beauford T. Anderson - Born on July 6, 1922, in Eagle River, Wisconsin, was sent to fight the Japanese in World War 2. During a battle in April of 1945, came a Japanese counterattack, that he single-handedly held of by firing his carbine. After hours of holding off the Japanese he was found seriously wounded but refused medical attention until he reported the situation to his commander. He was awarded the Medal of Honor on June 27, 1946 for his heroic actions.
Leroy A. Petry - Born July, 29, 1979 in Santa Fe, New Mexico, he joined the United States Army in 1999. He served in both Iraq and Afghanistan. In 2008, during his 7th deployment, he was part of a team sent to capture a leader of the Taliban. Though he was shot in both legs, he still fought and gave orders. Also during their mission, a gernade was tossed at him along with a few more comrades. Petry picked up the gernade and threw it back right before it exploded. He was awarded the Medal of Honor on July 12, 2011 for his heroic actions.
Robert Foley was born on May 30, 1941. During an intense battle in the Vietnam War, he was severly wounded but continued to fight and save more wounded men. Foley showed magnificent courage and selfless concern for his men. Robert Foley was given the medal of honor on May 1, 1968.
Bennie Adkins was born on February 1, 1934 in . He showed sacrafice during the vietnam war because when his camp was under attack he risked his life to save his comrades. He showed honor by his extraordanary heroism in combat and reflecting great credit upon himself, his unit, and the United States army. He was awarded the Medal of Honor on September 15, 2014.
Medal of Honor Recipients
Some similarities that the medal of honor recipients had were:
- Were severely wounded but continued to fight
- Foley and Adkins faught in Vietnam
- Sacrificed their lives to save their fellow comrades
- Were in the branch of the US Army
Owen Barno, Reese Linne