Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Expresing
We often use words like prefer, would prefer, would rather to talk or ask about
I prefer living on my own
Would you prefer to see a movie or go to a club?
Would you rather go shopping with me?
Now is your turn to practice
Followed by the base form of the verb; the verb without 'to'.
at a hotel?”
to him in person
call him on the phone.”
You can check your understanding as you match the questions below with suitable endings: Would you prefer ...? Would you rather ....? - taking a nap or going for a walk - a trip to Jamaica or a cruise to Alaska - watch a talk show or see a movie - to stay at home or go outside with friends 2. Practice asking and answering questions of the same type with friends.
followed by the infinitive; to+ the verb
him in person.”
told the truth.”
with the wrong person”.
prefer + ing
We tend to use 'prefer' to talk generally about likes, dislikes, what we want. “He
to the beach
to a swimm