Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Romeo and Juliet - Act 4, Scene 5
Transcript of Romeo and Juliet - Act 4, Scene 5
and not modernize: Audience Comprehension Friar Lawrence
Monologue Emphasis Humorous Start Humorous End Emotion Tension Lord Capulet Lady Capulet Nurse Paris Musicians Juliet's Feigned Death Release of emotion
and tension Subtle foreshadowing Musician's Witty Banter Perspective of lower-class “Always cherish and care for your loved ones, especially family members, before it is too late” Previous apathy
towards Juliet Antithesis and Dramatic Irony Contrast - "wedding" and "funeral" Metaphors - "sweet flower"; "untimely frost" Personification of death - "death hath catch'd"; "de-flowered by death" Iambic Pentameter - class distinction Oxymoron and Puns