Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Zodiac Killer
Transcript of The Zodiac Killer
- Killed four men, and three women between the ages 16 and 29
- left two injured
- claimed to have killed 37 victims Who was the Zodiac Killer Suspects Rick Gailkowski -Born on March 14, 1936 in Watertown S.D.
- Became a Zodiac suspect 20 years later from record of his fingerprints
- Worked in the same buildings as one of victims (Darlene Ferrin)
- Wrote for the a newspaper called the "Good Times" newspaper wrote violent articles about the Zodiac, they eventually became blueprints for another Zodiac crime
- Rick lived on Washington Street, one of the victims Paul Stine
- Zodiac mailed three letters very day called "rush to editor" to three separate newspaper in the San Francisco area that contained third of a code
- In 1973, Rick was diagnosed with mental illness and was being treated at Mount Zion Hospital in San Francisco - during that time the Zodiac sent a letter to the "Los Angeles Times" and did not write for three years
- The "Good Times" newspaper stopped writing about the Zodiac in 1973, then in 1974 the Zodiac is back
- July 1969, the Zodiac calls a police dispactcher, Nancy Slover - she identified the voice of the Zodiac was Rick
- The Napa County Sheriff'S Deptartment investigated Rick in 1986
- Evidence was found that Rick's handwriting was similar to the Zodiac's, in the end the writing did not match and the investigation ended
- Rick died on April 30, 2004, due to cancer - August 1, 1969 the newspapers received the first well Zodiac known letter were sent Victims -18 year old Cheri Jo Bates; October 30, 1966
-17 year old David Arthur Faraday and 16 year old Betty Lou Jensen ; December 20, 1968
- 18 year old Darlene Elizabeth Ferrin killed on July 5, 1969 and 16 year old Mike Renault Mageau(wounded)
- David Arthur Faraday (17) and Betty Lou Jensen(16) murder; December 20, 1968 LAKE HERMAN ROAD - Benicia, California
- murdered on a gravel parking area on the side of the road
- Weapon was a .22 caliber
- According to police reports they were approached when they were in Faraday's car. Shots were fired apparently to force them out.
-It was the first date Jensen had ever been allowed on
- First reported case of the Zodiac murders
- Some believe the road is haunted. EVPs recorded picking up a strange heavy breathing that seemed to be from a woman. There is also an eerie presence of not being alone.
-Allen lived a short distance from where the murder took place Cheri Jo Bates(18) ; October 30, 1966 (Possible Victim) The police and the FBI investigated over 2,500 suspects
Ted Kaczynski Arthur Leigh Allen vs Zodiac - Arthur was born in Honolulu Hawwii on December 18 1993 and graduated from Vallegio High in Calfiornia
- Arthur enlisted for the navy
- He was arrested on June 15, 1958 for disturbing the peace and got into an argument with police
- Arthur was a teacher at Valley Springs Elementary and was fired for molesting a student and then became a part time janitor at Elmer Cave Elementary School in Vallegio
- Ethan Allen died on March 17, 1971 at the age of 56
- Arthur had an interview with three detectives on August 4, 1971
- February 14, 1991, VPD placed a search warrant against Arthur when VPD found weapons as a result he no charges were filed and Arthur began to have interviews with the media to prove he isn't the killer
- August 1, 1991, Arthur had an interview Melvin Belli
- Arthur died of natural causes at the age of 58 on August 26, 1992 - The Zodiac has supposedly strong ties to Vallegio
It was suspected that the Zodiac took part in the navy
- Zodiac treated the police very unfriendly
- While Arthur was a janitor, Zodiac wrote threatening letters to school children
- Ethan died on the day of Darlene Ferrin's 24 birthday
- The Zodiac sent letter to police before Arthur had his interview, then the Zodiac was silent for two - half years then the Zodiac broke his silence in 1974 right when Arthur was arrested for molesting a child
- When Arthur was giving his interviews, more evidence found about the Zodiac
- 5 months later Melvin gets a letter from the Zodiac Jack Tarrance Michael O’ Hare Rick Marshall Lawrence Kane -Murdered outside her college library
- Police theorized that the murderer disabled her car and than waited for her come out of the college library. He surprised her as she tried to start her car.
- Her autopsy reviled that she put up a struggle to get away.
- Her parents were devoriced, and her brother served in the U.S Navy
- More details on the Zodiac Killer Described as heavyset, white male in his late twenties or thirties, short brown hair with thick rimmed glasses. It was said by the survivors that he wore a large hood, like those worn by executioners.
- send letters to the newspaper and demand they be published.
-On two occasions he confessed he committed the murder.
would send the newspapers
cryptograms which he claimed
included his identity.
- Mostly use hand guns and knives during the attacks Recently the *340* cipher of killer has been solved. Starliper split his work into two sessions of 6 hours and 3 hours. When he was done, he had decoded the following text:
KILL/SLF/DR/HELP/ME/KILL/MYSELF/GAS/CHAMBER/AEIOUR/DAYS/QUESTIONSABLE/EVERYY/WAKING/MOMENT/IM/ALIVE/MY/PRIDE/LOST/I/CANT/GO/ON/LIVING/IN/THIS/WAY/KILLING/PEOPLE/I/HAV/KILLD/SO/MANY/PEOPLE/CANT/HELP/MYSELF/IM/SO/ANGRY/I/COULD/DO/MY/THING/IM/ALONE/IN/THIS/WORLD/MY/WHOLE/LIFE/FUL/O/LIES/IM/UNABLE/TO/STOP/BY/THE/TIME/YOU/SOLVE/THIS/I/WILL/HAV/KILLD/ELEVEN/PEOPLE/PLEASE/HELP/ME/STOP/KILLING/PEOPLE/PLEASE/MY/NAME/IS/LEIGH/ALLEN/ Letters Pop Culture For over 35 years the Zodiac Killer inspired a host of books, movies, television shows and songs.
- "Dirty Harry" (1971)
- "The Zodiac Killer’' (1971)
- "Zodiac" (2007) Based on Robert Graysmith's book
- "Seven Psychopaths"(2012)
- America's Most Wanted
- Guns N' Roses, "The Spaghetti Incident" album cover Zodiac symbol is shown
- The Doors, "Riders on the Storm" Recently the *340* cipher of killer has been solved. Starliper split his work into two sessions of 6 hours and 3 hours. When he was done, he had decoded the following text:
KILL/SLF/DR/HELP/ME/KILL/MYSELF/GAS/CHAMBER/AEIOUR/DAYS/QUESTIONSABLE/EVERYY/WAKING/MOMENT/IM/ALIVE/MY/PRIDE/LOST/I/CANT/GO/ON/LIVING/IN/THIS/WAY/KILLING/PEOPLE/I/HAV/KILLD/SO/MANY/PEOPLE/CANT/HELP/MYSELF/IM/SO/ANGRY/I/COULD/DO/MY/THING/IM/ALONE/IN/THIS/WORLD/MY/WHOLE/LIFE/FUL/O/LIES/IM/UNABLE/TO/STOP/BY/THE/TIME/YOU/SOLVE/THIS/I/WILL/HAV/KILLD/ELEVEN/PEOPLE/PLEASE/HELP/ME/STOP/KILLING/PEOPLE/PLEASE/MY/NAME/IS/LEIGH/ALLEN/ CAN YOU SOLVE
THE CODE? MOVIE!!!!!!! March 2, 2007 the movie "Zodiac" was released. The movie was directed by David Fincher. The movie made $84.7 million at the box office. The movie stars
Jake Gynellenhal: Robert Graysmith
Robert Downey: Paul Avery
Mark Ruffalo: SFPD Inspector William Armstrong
John Carroll Lynch: Arthur Leigh Allen WIN A PRIZE :D Ultimate 10 Solved Crime Mysteries:
The Zodiac Killer FINAL LETTER!!!!!!! The Zodiac Killer one more final letter to the newspaper "The Chronicle" on Janurauy 29, 1974. In the letter the Zodiac killer was praising the film, "The Exorcist". He called it "the best saterical comdiy" he has ever seen! The ended the letter unexplained symbol that researchers can't understand. Paul Avery Newspaper reporter Paul Avery wrote about the Zodiac Killer for the "San Francisco Chronicle". Paul got a card from the Zodiac on Halloween. The said "Peek - a - boo, you are doomed". The letter was published and the threatening letter scared Paul. At that point Paul began to carry a gun on him. Everyone who worked with Paul began to wear buttons that said " I AM NOT PAUL AVERY".