Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Immigration Today
Look at the BLUE BOX on page 63
Now let's look at page 65
We are going to listen to interviews from recent immigrants to the U.S.
We will hear them talk about:
their reasons for coming to the U.S.
adapting to life in the U.S.
Let's look at page 62
Do you know any immigrants to the U.S.?
Why do people immigrate to the U.S. today?
Look at Part B on page 63
Answer questions 1 - 3 on your own.
One of the two men who CREATED Google....
Yea, he's an immigrant!
How has it changed?
We are going to read about immigration to the U.S. since 1965.
We will also look at statistics and graphs concerning recent immigration.
Now, listen and follow along to the passage on page 62 and 63.
A little about Sergey Brin...
Immigrated from Moscow, Russia
(the government was against Jews)
Sergey is Jewish
He came to the U.S. in 1979 (he was 6 years old)
Helped create Google with a fellow graduate student at Stanford University