Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Progressive Era
Do now: What are some observations you can make about the life of the people in this photo? During the late 1800s and early 1900s, Progressive reformers worked to improve American society. Their goals included protecting consumers, regulating child labor, improving working conditions, and expanding democracy.
Today we are going to
investigate and identify the working conditions of early 20th C.
discuss how these conditions were exposed
evaluate how government responded to these conditions I. SOCIAL WELFARE
Investigative journalists called muckrakers worked to expose corrupt politicians.
-- Reformers worked to help the poor, unemployed, and immigrants.
As you watch the film clip & read the documents keep the following question in mind:
-- What are some things these groups of people may need to help improve their lives? Wrap-up:
1. What were some of the issues that needed to be addressed by government during this time? (give specific examples)
2. Name two changes or laws that were passed that helped improve the issues/conditions from #2.
3. Evaluate - Were these changes effective in addressing the conditions?
4. Can you think of any CURRENT social issues that need government attention today? Document Packet
With a partner read each document, and answer the questions. Please use complete sentences and include details from the documents in your answers.
You will have approximately 12 minutes to complete the packet
before we have a group discussion. I will be circulating the room to check your progress and answer any questions you have.