Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
White Wonder of the World 501
Transcript of White Wonder of the World 501
A new view at the beautiful flakes of snow you see every winter
Why You Should Love Snowflakes TO
Snowflakes are majestic creations that fall from the sky. They bring joy and fun to all. Picture playing in the snow, having snowball fights, and building forts. You creations are made from snowflakes that gathered together to from snow. They also form the paths you ski, snowboard, and sled on!
The reasons why i love snowflakes:
1. Snowflakes are beautiful
2. Snowflakes gather and makes fun snow 3. Snowflakes are interesting creations
4. Snowflakes brighten up a gloomy day
5. Many creations can be made with snowflakes
Shapes and Sizes
Welcome to the world of snowflakes. These small bits of snow have quite a back story! No snowflake is the same shape. They are all unique in their own way. Commonly, a snowflake is six sides almost like a hexagon. The temperature however can change that. It was proven that temperature can effect shape as the snowflake makes its way down from the sky, as well as the size.
Little bits of small ice particles and water droplets form together and make a snowflake. Durability of the snowflake can change if bits of dirt can incorporated through the process. On the snowflake's way down it enlarges due to the constant water vapor colliding with it. In addition, water molecules arrange themselves in a hexagonal formation through the process. However, the air has to be below freezing for any of this to happen!
The record for the largest snowflake was 38 centimeters wide and 20 centimeters thick. Although all snowflakes have their own unique shape that differs from all the other ones. Sometimes its size can be only a fraction of the size of a penny. Each second about 1,000,000 snowflakes drop from the skies above . Referred to as diamond dust crystals, these white wonders are wonderful sights!