Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Hitler
-The death of his parents dealt a tragic blow to Hitler
-After his mother died he moved to Vienna to pursue a career in art
-He Wasn't accepted into the Vienna art academy
-He spent the next few years on the streets of Vienna
Rise to Power
Shortly following his recovery, he was send to investigate the "German Worker's Party", a small nationalistic group of idealists. Shortly after in September of 1919, Hitler joined the group and renamed it the "National Socialist German Workers' Party" or the "NSGWP" and became the chairman in July 1921
- January 1925 the ban on the Nazi Party was removed by Hitler
-Hitler became the face of the party
- Robert S. Adolf Hitler. Jewish Virtual Library. June 8
- United States Holocaust National Museum. Adolf Hitler: Early
Years, 1889 - 1913
- Rosenburg Jennifer. Hitler Facts. History 1900s. June 10
- The World War 2 Diaries. World War II, Adolf Hitler Timeline. June 11
Otis C. Mitchell. Hitler's Stormtroopers and the Attack on the German Republic, 1919–1933. Jefferson, North Carolina, USA: McFarland & Company, Inc., 2008.
John F. Williams. Corporal Hitler and the Great War, 1914-1918. Frank Class, USA: London and New York, inc., 2005.
Adolf Hitler's Reign of Terror
The Chancellor of Germany
324 x 789 =
- Hitler was born in Braunau am Inn, Austria, on April 20, 1889
- His father was Alois Schickelgruber but changed his name to Hitler in 1876
- His mother was Klara Polzl
- As a child he was unhappy, moody and constantly got in arguments with his strict father
World War 1
Hitler did not want to join Austrian Army
He left Vienna for Munich in May of 1913
War broke out in August, Hitler volunteered as a despatch runner for the Bavarian army
Was awarded both classes of the iron cross (Given to able, courageous and brave soldiers)
Was severely gassed four weeks before the end of the war
He was put in the hospital for 3 months to recover and was temporarily blinded
This enraged Hitler and convinced himself that he was chosen by fate to rescue a “humiliated: nation from the hold of the Versailles Treaty, from the Bolsheviks and Jews."
- Hitler committed suicide April 30, 1945 by shooting himself through the mouth with a pistol
- His body was carried to the garden of the Reich Chancellery
- It was then covered with petrol and burned along with his wife, Eva Braun
- This was appropriate and symbolized the end of Hitler's senseless sacrifice of human lives.
- Adolf Hitler had 5 siblings
- Only one sibling survived childhood, Paula Hitler(1896-1960)
- His other siblings were Gustav (1885-1887), Ida (1886-1888), Otto (1887), and Edmund (1894-1900).
- Hitler was only 13 when his father passed away and 18 when his mother died.
- Hitler was appointed as the chancellor of Germany January 30, 1933
-During this time approximately 11 million people were killed, 6 million being Jewish
- On september 1st, 1939 Germany invades Poland, starting World War II
-During May, 1940 Germany invades Netherlands, Belgium,
Luxembourg, and France
- June 22, 1941 Germany begins to invade Russia
- In February, 1943 Germany goes downhill and starts to lose the war