Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of "The Interlopers"
2. Condolence - expression of sympathy (400)
3. Interloper - someone who intrudes (396)
4. Detested - to dislike intensely (398)
5. Exasperation - frustration (399)
6. Reconciliation - settling a problem (401)
7. Hinder - to prevent or make difficult - Every student will receive a quote.
- Write a paragraph about your quote that includes:
1. A topic sentence
2. The quote integrated
3. In-text citation (using author's last name)
4. Explain what the quote means
5. Explain whether you agree or disagree with the quote and why.
6. Conclusion sentence
= Write at least 5 sentences! Quotes about enemies
- While reading, chart types of conflict
Kind of conflict/Example from story/Explanation
- Thesis topic = How does the setting affect the
conflict? Read "The Interlopers" on page 396 In the 1980s and 1990s young people in the United States began to resolve disputes more and more often with guns. Youth gangs and school shootings dominated news headlines. By the early 2000s school security had become a major issue in American culture as weapons in schools were viewed as commonplace, and parents wondered if any school was safe. Guns and Youth - Persuasive Topic Question:
How did gun use change
over the years for 14-17 years
old? Use specific examples from
the charts (numbers) to explain
your answer. Sample persuasive topic:
- Read the article titled "Our Kids Have Guns."
- Many people believe that it is more important to teach kids how to use guns responsibly instead of keeping guns away from kids. Pick a side for this topic and CONVINCE your reader to agree with you. Example Quote Paragraph When someone hurts you, forgiveness is usually very difficult. In fact, a famous poet once said, "It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend" (Blake). This quote means that friends know you so well that they should know better about what will bother you, which makes it harder to forgive them. I disagree with this quote, because if the person is truly a friend, then if he/she hurt you, it was probably not on purpose; whereas, an enemy would actually try to wrong you. You need to think about the person's intentions when deciding to forgive. Finding Evidence 1. Decide what the question/topic is asking you to find.
(How does the setting affect the conflict?)
2. Find examples that relate to the setting.
(land, animals, time period, weather, etc.)
- "The descending twigs had slashed the skin on his face" (398).
-How is this quote about the setting?
-What does this quote have to do with the conflict? Vocab Review -Write a short story with a partner that uses every vocabulary word from this week.
-The story can be about anything school-appropriate.
-At least 5 sentences!