Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Man to Send Rain Clouds
Transcript of The Man to Send Rain Clouds
By:Taylor Crawford Facts about the Author: Summary Vocab. 1.interect characterization 2. Setting Literary Terms in the story Would I recommend this to
others? Leslie was raised on the Laguna Pueblo reservation in New Mexico.
Most of her stories are about what life is like for Native American in today's world.
she grew up listening to her great-grandmother and great-aunts tell her tribal stories.
Most of her stories show the contrast between traditional values and beliefs.
Leslie has always had a heart for story telling. My story was about a man named Teofilo had died.The family rapped his body in a red blanket and put it in the back of the truck and then covered it. While driving home the minister of the town stopped them and asked how Teofilo was doing, the man lied to him so he didn't know he was dead. They went home to bury him but they had to wait because the ground was froze so it took them in till afternoon to dig the burial site for him. When the ground was finished they laid him down and gave him the offerings from the family and friends, but they wanted to give him holy water to drink in heaven, so they went to the ministers house to ask him if he would pour holy water to Teofilo.The minister hesitated and asked why they didn't tell him and they thought he wouldn't understand their way of things. The minister said he would do it, when he got there he though it was wrong the way they were doing it but still put the holy water on him. The minister walked away feeling different about the death then when he first went. Perverse- continuing in a stubborn way to do what is wrong or harmful.
Cloister- place devoted to religious seclons.
Judicious- showing good judgment. 1. Indirect characterization- the reader learns about a character by what the character says, thinks, or dose, or by what other characters say about him/her; the reader has to interpret the character for their self.
2. Setting- the time,place, and milieu in which
the event occur.
3. Parable- a short, simple tale which teaches a moral or a religious lesson.
4. Dramatic irony- involves a discrepancy or contrast between what the reader knows and what the character knows; the reader knows something the character does not know( If the character knew what he reader knew, he wouldn't do what he does.) dramatic irony leads to suspense or humor. Teofilo is described as wearing worn out Levis and his body build is very small, not a lot to him. The setting is in New Mexico during the end of winter but it is hot for what it should be, but the ground is frozen. Yes,I would recommend this story to others because the main point of this story is that even though religions are different doesn't mean that you have to try to change them to your or others. 3.Parable This story gives you a lesson about how the religion of the Pueblo people are different from the Christians. They are different from the way they think people should be buried and their where they practice
their belief. 4. Dramatic Irony The dramatic irony in this story is that the reader knows that Teofoli
is dead but the minister in the story
doesn't know about his death in till
the man asks him if he can give Teofilo holy water to drink.