Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Inquiry Inspires
Things to consider...
Science Notebooks record this process
How do we work on observations?
How do we write about our observtions?
Compare and Contrast
assessment of learning
What does this look like?
Aquaponics and hydroponics fulfills each of these practices!
Next Generation Science Standards
activities related to investigation.
scientists use practices to...
determine what needs to be measured
plan experiments, observation, and methods of data collection
engage in disciplined fieldwork
and identify sources of uncertainty
multiple grade level presentations
Fish are cool.
Think back to the science practices...
1. Asking questions (for science) and defining problems (for engineering)
2. Developing and using models
3. Planning and carrying out investigations
4. Analyzing and interpreting data
5. Using mathematics and computational thinking
6. Constructing explanations (for science) and designing solutions (for engineering)
7. Engaging in argument from evidence
8. Obtaining, evaluating, and communicating information
K-8 public school
Grades 5-8 Science
Grades 5-8 Health
8th grade Social Studies
South Hampton, NH
null hypothesis: There is no correlation between variables
"Support the null hypothesis."
Walter Poleman U.V.M.
These projects open doors to investigations in electricity and usage