Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Clarice Cliff
was born in Tunstall,Staffordshire
Jaunary 20,1899 She died October 23, 1972
Since 1988 the ceramics world has never been the same: suddenly Clarice was really discovered! But she was certainly not the chosen ‘doyenne of British ceramics amongst academics and ‘serious‘ writers. Luckily, ceramics collectors chose not to listen to the critics.
The first printed 'Bizarre' backstamp used on Clarice Cliff ware from 1928 to early 1936 in various styles. Clarice Cliff (right) with visitors to Newport Pottey in 1933 at the same time studying art and sculpture at the Burslem School of Art in the evenings.