Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Off-Record Indirectness
Brown & Levinson, Politeness Theory On-record vs. Off-record Level of off-record indirectness
is the same English 63.5% vs. Greek 65.7%.
But differences in meaning exist Greek social structure is defined by in-group relations (family, friends) with high interdependencies and reciprocal relations Imposition Example
D: The cinema is extremely expensive.
M: How much is it?
D: 700 drachmas.
M: Take money from my purse. Example
F: Have you seen the newspaper anywhere?
D: It's on the small table.
F: Will you go and get it for me. Example
A: Are you going to the university tomorrow?
B: yes. What time shall I pick you up? Conlusion