Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Off-Record Indirectness
Brown & Levinson, Politeness Theory On-record vs. Off-record Level of off-record indirectness
is the same English 63.5% vs. Greek 65.7%.
But differences in meaning exist Greek social structure is defined by in-group relations (family, friends) with high interdependencies and reciprocal relations Imposition Example
D: The cinema is extremely expensive.
M: How much is it?
D: 700 drachmas.
M: Take money from my purse. Example
F: Have you seen the newspaper anywhere?
D: It's on the small table.
F: Will you go and get it for me. Example
A: Are you going to the university tomorrow?
B: yes. What time shall I pick you up? Conlusion