Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Ferrara Ring: Nomogram
Transcript of Ferrara Ring: Nomogram
variation according to ring thickness
Addition in the cornea periphery = asphericity change – frequently without
concomitant significant corneal flattening;
Ring diameter = how much the cornea will be flattened, the astigmatism and
asphericity will be changed
Ring arc length = how much the asphericity, keratometry and astigmatism will be
changed. The shorter the segment, the greater the astigmatic correction, the lesser the
asphericity change. HOW THE FERRARA RING WORKS AVOID POSTOPERATIVE OBLATE CORNEAS !
Q (asphericity) = Quality of vision Segment thickness (160 – arc) Q Q (asphericity) variation according to ring thickness
ASPHERICITY (Q) Keratometry: 52.00 x 57.00 D NO !
same topographic astigmatism - different changes after ring implantation Are these the same ? Keratometry: 42.00 x 47.00 D Eye 2 Eye 1 Third generation (2006 - 2009): topographic astigmatism FERRARA RING NOMOGRAM 160 arc = 90% of keratoconus (“standard” ring)
- Q negative (prolate to hyperprolate cornea)
- Average to high K values
- Average to high astigmatism 210 arc = Nipple
- Q negative (hyperprolate cornea)
- High K values
- Low astigmatism 140 arc = PMD
- Q 0 or positive
- Low K values
- High astigmatism -0,23 0,5 -2 -1 0 Prolate Hyperprolate Oblate CORNEAL ASPHERICITY NO !
Cornea overcorrection in axial myopia Are these the same? Refraction: -10.00 D Eye 2 Second generation (2002 - 2006): spherical equivalent FERRARA RING NOMOGRAM The evolution of the nomogram ASPHERICITY 2002 2006 2009 1997 General Guidelines General Guidelines
Nomogram IMPORTANT Nipple Oval cones PMD Pachymetry IMPORTANT SUMMARY