Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
malaysia airlines (mas)
Transcript of malaysia airlines (mas)
FUNCTION OF MANAGEMENT “POLC” IN MALAYSIA AIRLINES (MAS)
- Scenario planning not only can help to identify future opportunity, but also helps and organization to make critical decision. This can help an organization to utilize opportunity and stay away from that treat. However, Malaysia Airlines did not do proper scenario planning which take them faced great loss as stated in their annual report 2012. As a way to stop this situation continue to grow, Malaysia Airlines should really consider and think deeply of their scenario planning.
- In improving the employee’s performance and at the same time retaining their performance, control and reward system are a must. By implementing this, Malaysia Airlines can manage to deliver consisting services to their customer. Plus, motivated work force surely will lead Malaysia Airlines to gain profit. As a result of that, employees that performs with excellence and f the satisfaction towards their job are high, the probabiity of staying longer with Malaysia Airlines are also high. Thus, this will surely eliminate the cost of looking for new employees.
THE PROJECTED THAT COMPANY HAS FAILED
- Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, Boeing 777-200ER went missing
- 8 March 2012
- Missing on a flight from Kuala Lumpur International airport to Beijing Capital /international Airport.
- 227 Passenger & 12 Crew
- The plane was believed had lost in the Southern Indian Ocean (unknown location)
"Where to go"
‘To provide air travel and transport service that rank among the best in terms of safety, comfort and punctuality’ and also to deliver excellent aerospace engineering services, provide value to our customers, maximize returns to stakeholders and be the employer of choice.
Pms 1113 : Principle and practices of management
MALAYSIA AIRLINES (MAS)
Ratna Sofia binti Machin
Nurhasyila binti Safri
Farah Syazwany binti Abd. Majid
Nurul Amira binti Supian
Malaysian Airlines System Berhad is the holding company for Malaysia's national airline carrier, one of Asia's fastest growing airlines.
Company Chairman Tajudin Ramli owns a significant share in Malaysian Airlines System (MAS), and the Malaysian government retains a strong voice in MAS affairs.
Malaysia airlines system was founded in 1957 as early as Malaysia's independence. When Malaysia was formed in 1963, the company name was changed to Malaysia airlines system, before 1963 the name was Malayan limited airway.
Malaysia Airlines is listed on Bursa Malaysia under the name Malaysian Airline System Berhad.
Sarong Kebaya design was introduced on 1 March 1986. This uniform was designed by the Faculty of Fashion Institute of Technology Mara, now known as Universiti Teknologi Mara.
‘An airline uniquely renowned for its personal touch, warmth and efficiency’
"How to go there"
- Organizational structure is a fundamentals that can effect the strategy implementation. In general, four organizational structures are functional, divisional, entrepreneurial and matrix. Malaysia Airlines are now using divisional structure to conduct their corporate parenting by dividing resources in each division. It is important for them in order to gain profit. Using this structure, Malaysia Airlines are decentralizing the power of making decision to each division and that give a clearer goal to the employees to achieve.
- The leader is the only that can determine the future of any company. Without them, the changes of any company to collapse ad bankrupt will be high. It can be said that Malaysia Airlines leadership has weakness in scenario planning that causes market share and revenue losses. For this reason, leadership of Malaysia Airlines should apply the vision trait in order to cope with changes and for the sake of the company continuity so that it will be easier for them to collaborate, motivate, trust, and interdependence amongst their staff.
Strong Brand Image
Malaysia Airline has an established brand image in the domestic as well as the international market.
consistently established high standards of service across its business segments.
Being ranked as a 5-Star airline by the aviation rating organization, Skytrax with just four other airlines in the world.
Malaysia Airlines have their own branding strategy that involves its flight attendants to promote the airline.
Seeks to show cabin crews of Malaysia Airlines as representative of Malaysia hospitality and friendliness.
Has been decided to use the ‘Going Beyond Expectation’ slogan to brand itself internationally by heavily promoting its service excellence in a way to transform their business plan.
One of the service companies that established for more than 70 years and its brand image has been highly recognized.
Ensure the customers are having the best service experience by all the crew and staff, Malaysia Airlines runs a training program for cabin and flight crew.
The airline holds a lengthy record of service and best practices excellence, having received more than 100 awards in the last 10 years.
Strong and well designed organizational structure.
Its talented management team always plays the most important role in planning and controlling every single action in their service system to perform the best brand experience.
The management team always have their own strategies to make sure that they are able to take challenges as their opportunity to enhance their reputation and quality of the service.
Personnel MAS (Cabin Crews)
Competencies & Capabilities
Majority of the customers of Malaysia Airline are international flight customers.
If compared with other airline companies, the cost offered by Malaysia Airlines is more expensive than others.
Cost of living in Malaysia is not really high compared to other country. There just a few groups of people in Malaysia who can effort to pay for the cost to fly.
The management team has set their objectives clearly and has the best strategies to obtain their objectives but at the same time, they did not know exactly how to implement the strategies effectively.
Changes in customer preference
Malaysian Airlines should be able to introduce a new concept of flying with Malaysia Airlines. It is because customers are human beings that can easily having a change in their life. They can be influenced by many aspect of their life including the way of their lifestyle.
Continuously inovating all aspects of their services and products in their transformation journey to be a Five-Star Value Carrier.
Malaysia Airlines has many connections throughout the world and it will give a big impact to the company if there are any changes in economy level.
Thus, it is important for the organization to prepare some alternatives to overcome this problem because these unpredictable problems may occur anytime.
We know that Malaysia Airlines flies to 88 destinations.
If there is terrorism happen in the area of Southeast Asia, Malaysia Airlines need to stop their flight destination to the Southeast Asia for a certain time.
It is because it will be too dangerous to the people and the whole crew as well as the plane. At the same time it will decrease the confidence in the airlines.
Effect & affect to Malaysia Airlines
Loss of RM307.04 million (US$97.6 million), which represented a 75% increase over losses from the second-quarter of 2013.
Not made a profit since 2010.
In the previous three years, Malaysia Airlines had booked losses of RM1.17 billion (US$356 million) in 2013, RM433 million in 2012, and RM2.5 billion in 2011.
The company's stock, down as much as 20% following the disappearance of Flight 370.