Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Preposition Island
There is a prize waiting for you at the marked "x"; to attain this prize, follow the white path!
"We're off to find the treasure! The wonderful prepositional gold!" What is a preposition? link nouns or pronouns to other words in the sentence (objects) Prepositions: Jack Sparrow eludes from the local Mexican fishermen. ? What are some examples of prepositions? Here's a short list: about
upon Skipper Gilligan Mrs. Howell Professor Hinkley Mary Ann Summers Ginger Mr. Howell Commonly misused Prepositions: A Let's get down to business! between vs. among different from vs.
different than between: two people/things
among: more than two people/things different from: used most often
different than: avoid AWKS-ness, usually followed by a clause *clause = subject + predicate B 1. To Chuck, Wilson is different from other volleyballs.
2. To Chuck, Wilson is different than other volleyballs. Spot the Correct Sentence! Spot the Correct Sentence! 1. A tense relationship was shared between Ralph and Jack.
2. A tense relationship was shared among Ralph and Jack. Let's get down to more business! Prepositional Phrases is a phrase that starts with a preposition and finishes with a noun or pronoun;
can be used as adjective or adverb Nim was stranded on an island. A Let's get down to business...for the last time! *Psych! ...there's another one after this! B Let's get down to business for the last time! for reals! The seal and Nim swam toward the island. (adverb)
The water around the island was lukewarm. (adjective) Skip a few... then another... and some more... and we're there! CHEESE GALORE!!! #1: noun/pronoun
#3: object Visual Representation of the Importance of Prepositions ? ? #1-3 #1-4 #1-4 #1-2 Now for your (real) prize...