Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Unit 1: 02_An Introduction to 3D Modeling_
Transcript of Unit 1: 02_An Introduction to 3D Modeling_
The Jump from 2 to 3D
The 'Geometries' of 3D Objects
Geometry (defined): the shape or form of a
surface or solid
Every object can be broken down into simpler
On a sheet of paper, write all of the 2D shapes you see in this 3D model.
: YWBAT identify the 2D shapes that make up our everyday 3D objects.
: What is the role of polygons in 3D structures?
Ways of identifying the geometries of an object:
How many basic shapes can you break this object into?
1. Research an industry that 3D modeling or 3D printing is rapidly changing (like 3D Print Canal House representing a big change for the construction industry). Submit your findings via the form on model.nychscl.org
3. Break the larger shape into smaller, more easily recognizable 2D and 3D geometric shapes.
3D objects can look highly complex, but can usually be broken into simpler geometries. Surfaces with straight edges can be expressed as types of polygons.