Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Breathing Exercises
- As old as civilization itself
- Earliest root was Yoga (stretching, meditation and breathing)
- Dates back to at least 5,000 years ago
- Improves health of the body and the mind Benefits of Breathing Exercises Breathing Techniques
- Sit up straight
- Place one hand over your stomach and one over your chest
- Take a slow deep breath in through your nose
- Exhale through your mouth, letting the breath out slowly and completely.
- Repeat four times, until you have completed five cycles of deep refreshing abdominal breathing. Sources http://iloveprettykeli.com/health/exercise/20-health-benefits-of-breathing-exercises.htm
http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/ART00521/three-breathing-exercises.html - Prevents panic and hyperventilation
- Carbon dioxide levels in the body.
- Detoxifies your body by releasing toxins, other systems in your body must work harder to compensate for the unbalance that is in your body.
- Shallow breathing means your body does not get the proper amount of oxygen that it needs and your muscles start to tighten up.
- Breathing changes: lowered blood pressure and heart rate, reduced amounts of stress hormones, balanced levels of oxygen and carbon dioxide in the blood, improved immune system functioning and Increased physical energy
- Benefits: A clear and focused mind, Increased energy and vitality, An increase of endorphins and Relaxed muscles Breathing Techniques
- Take a deep breath in through the nose for four seconds
- Hold your breath for two seconds
- Release slowly through slightly pursed lips for eight seconds
- Repeat four times, until you have completed five cycles Breathing Techniques - Inhale and exhale rapidly through your nose, keeping your mouth closed but relaxed. Your breaths in and out should be equal in duration, but as short as possible.
- Try for three in-and-out breath cycles per second. Breathe normally after each cycle. 1. Belly Breathing 2. The Calming Breathing 3. The Stimulating Breathing Conclusion