Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Breathing Exercises
- As old as civilization itself
- Earliest root was Yoga (stretching, meditation and breathing)
- Dates back to at least 5,000 years ago
- Improves health of the body and the mind Benefits of Breathing Exercises Breathing Techniques
- Sit up straight
- Place one hand over your stomach and one over your chest
- Take a slow deep breath in through your nose
- Exhale through your mouth, letting the breath out slowly and completely.
- Repeat four times, until you have completed five cycles of deep refreshing abdominal breathing. Sources http://iloveprettykeli.com/health/exercise/20-health-benefits-of-breathing-exercises.htm
http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/ART00521/three-breathing-exercises.html - Prevents panic and hyperventilation
- Carbon dioxide levels in the body.
- Detoxifies your body by releasing toxins, other systems in your body must work harder to compensate for the unbalance that is in your body.
- Shallow breathing means your body does not get the proper amount of oxygen that it needs and your muscles start to tighten up.
- Breathing changes: lowered blood pressure and heart rate, reduced amounts of stress hormones, balanced levels of oxygen and carbon dioxide in the blood, improved immune system functioning and Increased physical energy
- Benefits: A clear and focused mind, Increased energy and vitality, An increase of endorphins and Relaxed muscles Breathing Techniques
- Take a deep breath in through the nose for four seconds
- Hold your breath for two seconds
- Release slowly through slightly pursed lips for eight seconds
- Repeat four times, until you have completed five cycles Breathing Techniques - Inhale and exhale rapidly through your nose, keeping your mouth closed but relaxed. Your breaths in and out should be equal in duration, but as short as possible.
- Try for three in-and-out breath cycles per second. Breathe normally after each cycle. 1. Belly Breathing 2. The Calming Breathing 3. The Stimulating Breathing Conclusion