Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Mosaic Presentation
By Brianna Nnadi
Mosaics are art forms made of small pieces of hard material. Most mosaics are made of colorful materials like stone or glass.
What is a mosaic?
Who made mosaics?
The earliest mosaics can be traced back to ancient Mesopotamia.
They were used to enhance the appearance of Hellenistic villas
"Mosaic." Ancient History Encyclopedia. N.p., n.d. Web. 30 Mar. 2016.
example of an early mosaic
"History of Mosaic Art." History of Mosaic Art. N.p., n.d. Web. 30 Mar. 2016.
"ANCIENT ROMAN MOSAICS." Home. N.p., n.d. Web. 20 Apr. 2016.
Mosaics were used as floor decorations
Roman mosaics were typically monochromatic
Most mosaics depicted battles or mythical scenes
Generally, only the wealthy could afford mosaic decor
Roman mosaics were also displayed in Turkey & Tunisia
Roman Mosaic Facts
Mosaics were usually placed in churches to instruct the illiterate
The Byzantines raised mosaics to a high standard of art
Byzantine mosaic artists are unknown because their names were not put on their artwork
Byzantine Mosaic Facts