Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of WS12
-Can't afford a home
-Poverty What is home? -Get arrested for any reason -Homes are being destroyed -Living conditions
-Means of transportation
-Food & water
-Theft http://www.jhsph.edu/research/centers-and-institutes/womens-and-childrens-health-policy-center/publications/homeless.PDF -They are sexually abused -Each year, 600,00 families are
-1.35 million are children -African American 42%
-Native American 4%
-Asian 2% The Bowery Mission
-Programs -dirty and dangerous
-criminal offenders and deserves violence
-useless and lazy and a drug addict
-shown in negative light http://www.bowery.org/programs/ Marjaree Mason Center
-Education http://www.mmcenter.org/index.php?c=13 -beaten by others http://streatstv.blogspot.com/2011/02/homeless-women-being-mistreated-at-open.html • http://www.good-works.net/Why_Do_%20People_Become_Homeless.htm
• http://thesocietypages.org/socimages/2009/08/07/what-makes-a-person-homeless/ -private property -0 tolerance for homeless women They live on:
-on the side of the street
-any place not meant for human habitation -somebody who
lives on the street or in
abandoned buildings, or someone who has
no regular place to live