Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Ghana Empire
* He lived from 1010-1078 and ruled from 1062-1076
* He held off the Almoravid attacks on the Ghana empire
* Expanded the Ghana empire
* In 1076 the Almoravid's conquered the Ghana empire and Tunka was defeated.
* He increased trade; especially for salt. Trade *They mostly traded gold and salt.
*The main center of trade was Koumbi Saleh.
* The camel played a key role in transporting goods for trade efficiently. The decline of the Ghana empire Ghana Empire Ghana Empire 350-1240 AD * Their trading made them very wealthy. Arts, music and artifacts * The almoravid movement invaded Ghana in 1076 AD
- Resisted attack for a decade
* Converted to Islam
* Incorporated into the Mali Empire * through the 9th and 11th century, the Ghana empire was so rich that their dogs had gold collars.
* *Surrounded by Mali And Mauritania today. *Islam culture spread throughout the western part of Africa.
*The empires Mali and Songhai also followed the religion.
*The spread of Islamic culture occurred in the 15th century. Spread of Islam The mosque in Larabanga, Ghana