Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Ghana Empire
* He lived from 1010-1078 and ruled from 1062-1076
* He held off the Almoravid attacks on the Ghana empire
* Expanded the Ghana empire
* In 1076 the Almoravid's conquered the Ghana empire and Tunka was defeated.
* He increased trade; especially for salt. Trade *They mostly traded gold and salt.
*The main center of trade was Koumbi Saleh.
* The camel played a key role in transporting goods for trade efficiently. The decline of the Ghana empire Ghana Empire Ghana Empire 350-1240 AD * Their trading made them very wealthy. Arts, music and artifacts * The almoravid movement invaded Ghana in 1076 AD
- Resisted attack for a decade
* Converted to Islam
* Incorporated into the Mali Empire * through the 9th and 11th century, the Ghana empire was so rich that their dogs had gold collars.
* *Surrounded by Mali And Mauritania today. *Islam culture spread throughout the western part of Africa.
*The empires Mali and Songhai also followed the religion.
*The spread of Islamic culture occurred in the 15th century. Spread of Islam The mosque in Larabanga, Ghana