Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Roberto Clemente
Life of Roberto
Roberto started in a Puerto Rican league at the age of 18. That first year his team won the Caribbean World Series. After that he was drafted by the Pittsburgh Pirates. He played his whole career with them from 1955-1972. He was MVP in 1966 and World Series MVP in 1971.
Roberto was the first hispanic american to reach 3,000 hits in baseball.
Roberto was the first Latin American to be elected to the Hall of Fame.
Roberto was awarded for athletic, civil, charitable and humanitarian contributions .
Roberto was born in August 18 ,1934. He was born at Carolina, Puerto Rico. He was the youngest of 7 children and often had to do odd jobs to help with his family. He died during in a plane crash while delivering aid to earthquake victims in December 31, 1972. He is known for being an humanitarian as much as a baseball player
Roberto was awarded Presidential of Freedom in 2002.