Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Classic Conservatism
BURKE CLASSICAL LIBERALISM REVOLUTIONARY
Revolution) Change needs
to respect past generations Uninformed people shouldn't have a say in government. Rosseau's "general will of the pp"
was unrealistic + dangerous ideas
ruled by uneducated and
CHAOS 4 Beliefs - People don't have equal abilities.
- Government should be chosen by a minority
of people who have special rights & resp.
- Leaders should be humanitarian.
- Stability of society. BLAST TO THE FUTURE CC TODAY
-*EMPHASIS ON THE EQUALITY OF OPPORTUNITY*
-Limited government involvement in the economy
-Very limited range of social welfare programs
-Emphasis on populism
-Traditional values should only be changed slowly
-Maintain traditional social values
-Distrust of trade unionism Margret Thatcher
-Instituted policies that promoted privatization
-Fought against unionism (opposing the EU & the UK Miners’ Strike)
-Reinstated the principles of conservatism in Britain Ronald Reagan
- Ostracized any positive views of communism in America
- Created a public perception that portrayed communism
in a very negative light
- Placed an emphasis on populism Brian Mulroney
-Promoted the idea of free trade within
North America (NAFTA)
-Promoted the idea of creating equal
opportunity POLITICAL PARTIES
-The Conservative Party (UK)
-The Republican Party (US)
-The Conservative Party of Canada Thank you! BIBLIOGRAPHY