Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Teaching/Learning speaking skills through effective techniques using technology!
Transcript of Teaching/Learning speaking skills through effective techniques using technology!
2. Audio aids, visual aids, audio-visual aids and activity aids.
3. Hardware and software. Teaching/Learning speaking skills
through effective techniques
using technology! http://voicethread.com http://www.voxopop.com •Adds interest and involvement.
•Makes learning permanent.
•Develops greater understanding.
•Fosters continuity of thought.
•Makes us teach efficiently.
•Helps in overcoming language barriers.
•Provides a great variety of methods.
•Brings the world into the class room. The Use of Computers in Teaching Speaking and Pronunciation Skills Why do we use computers?
Which activities can we do with? A student always needs...
* Experience real communicative situations.
* Express their own views and opinions.
* Develop their oral fluency and accuracy. Teachers should know that the learners need to do most of the talk to activate their speaking, since speaking skill requires practice and exposure. Classroom
the verbal exchanges
and teachers. •Place of articulation of sounds
•How sounds are produced
•Pronunciation exercises of individual sounds and sound sequences
•Visually presenting materials for conversation
•Picture stories – sequenced
•Picture stories – non-sequenced
•One word one meaning
•Many words one meaning
•Different types of interference and rectifications
•Use of idioms and phrases
•Use of voice modulations
•Culture attested gestures
•Testing the speech development at every stage of training Enhancing the Skill of Speaking
Computer Assisted Language Learning and Teaching http://www2.nkfust.edu.tw/~emchen/CALL/unit6.htm
Updating the English Classroom with Techniques and Communication Skills http://www.languageinindia.com/feb2012/chandrikaeltbook.pdf Articulatory charts
Sample words utilizing the targeted sound
Minimal pairs/comparison words
Listening discrimination of minimal pairs within a sentence
Sample sentences with several words utilizing the targeted sound
Intonation, rhythm, stress, and timing
American English Pronunciation Practice http://www.manythings.org/pp/ Digital Tools in Developing Speaking Podcasting http://www.bbc.co.uk/ (BBC) Audio Mp3 files accessed from .html files
Podcasts distributed using “push” technology with RSS feeds (iTunes, MyYahoo.com, iGoogle.com) Avatars and virtual characters in making videos (www.voki.com, www.xtranormal.com ...etc.)
Powerpoint slides with audio enhancements (www.microsoft.com)
Video Doodling (www.voicethread.com)
Telephone podcasts (www.gcast.com)
Servers providing learner generated podcasting (www.podomatic.com). •Reading aloud.
•Oral diary; oral weekly report.
•Oral book report.
•Students give their thoughts on topic assigned by teacher.
•Group presentations on a completed project.
•Story telling (Chained).
•Role play or dramatic monoloques.
•http://learnenglishkids.britishcouncil.org/en/speak-and-spell Some Activities 10-Q!!!