Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Opera and Musical comparison
Transcript of Opera and Musical comparison
- To be able to compare and contrast operas and musicals
By the end of the lesson you will be able to:
- Name operas and musicals
- Describe similarities and differences between operas and musicals and give reasons for any differences
- Perform both a piece from an opera and from a musical Fill in the blanks to create names of famous operas Car_________
The Magic F___________
The Love of Three O__________
The B________ of Seville Similarities and Differences between Operas and Musicals Points to consider:
- musical style
- instruments used
- ways of telling the story
- ticket costs
- intended audience Opera or Musical??? Unscramble the letters below to give names
of musicals HET HPANMOT FO HET AREPO
ESTW SDEI TORSY
EHT NIOL GKNI
AMMMA AIM Homework Write a comparison of opera and musicals. See assessment criteria for guidance on what/how much detail to include... Comparison of performances What are the similarities and differences between the two pieces we have just performed?
Which was the most successful performance and why?