Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of George F. Baker STEM Academy
Transcript of Copy of George F. Baker STEM Academy
Please visit the George F. Baker website at
An approach to teaching and learning that integrates content and skills of:
WHAT IS STEM?
Better understanding the application and the process.
Tuxedo Union Free School District’s vision is to be a leader in STEM education, preparing and inspiring generations of learners to meet the challenges of the global society through innovation, collaboration, and creative problem solving.
Designing a Vision
A Systems Approach
Promotes innovative and logical thinking
Meets the challenges of a global society
Teaches and applies digital, technological, scientific and mathematical literacy
answer complex questions,
investigate global issues,
develop solutions for challenges and real-world problems
apply the rigor of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics content.
Promotes a foundation in STEM skills
Employs all areas of technology while integrating the arts and humanities
Focuses on interrelationships between the disciplines
What is STEM?
What is STEM?
Aligned with Common Core
Rigorous Standards of Practice
STEM proficient students are able to:
Standards of Practice
1. Identify Technologies and Resources
2. Interpret and Communicate Information and Ideas
3. Investigate Problems and Engage in Research
4. Strategic Planning, Problem Solving, and Systematic Approaches
5. Collaborate as a Team
6. Apply Technologies Appropriately
For more information...
Identify Technologies and Resources
Interpret and Communicate Information and Ideas
Investigate Problems and Engage in Research
Strategic Planning, Problem Solving, and Systematic Approaches
Collaborate as a Team
Apply Technologies Appropriately