Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Psychology of communication
Transcript of Psychology of communication
The 8 communication styles
- Schulz von Thun
1. needy-dependent style
2. helpful style
3. selfless style
4. aggressive-demeaning style
5. self praising style
6. determining-controlling style
7. self-distancing style
8. "news scoop"-dramatizing style
-the 8 communication styles
4 sides model
- Schulz von Thun
"... it is green...!!"
Mr. Schulz von Thun
1944 in Soltau, Germany
psychologist and communication theoretician
founder of the " four-sides-model" and several models concerning communication more
1921 in Austria and died 2007 in CA, USA
communication theorist, psychologist, philosopher and author
influenced family theory and general psychotherapy
many important communication theories
5 basic axioms
The 5 Axioms of Mr. Watzlawick
1. "One cannot not communicate."
2. "Every communication has a contend and a relationship aspect."
3. "The nature of a relationship is dependent on the punctuation of the partners communication procedures."
4. "Human communication involves both digital and analog modalities."
5. "Human communication is either symmetric or complementary, depending on the relationship between the two partners."
Axiom no. 3
Interpunction btw. husband and wife
Axiom no. 5
communication and relationship