Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Maps!
Maps can show us where we live!
Let's take a trip around this world map to see where we live and how big and small different land is!
We live on the planet Earth. Here comes a map of the Earth!
We live on the continent of North America! Let's sing the continent song!
We live in the country called the United States of America!
We live in the state of New York!
We live in New York City!
We live in the Bronx Borough!
Now that we've used maps to show where we live, let's learn some other ways we use maps!
Map of a Room!
And so much more!
Different Kinds of Maps!
A map is a picture of an area showing land, oceans, and physical features. A map is flat. A map is used for directions.
Here's a song about what map's do for us! You may know it so sing along!
What are the four cardinal direction?
Tells the reader what each symbol or icon means.
Shows the four cardinal directions.
Tells the reader what a map is showing.
Can you label a compass rose?
And that's all there is to know about maps today!
Shows the reader where on the map the features are located.