Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of Maggi - Brand Audit
Transcript of Copy of Maggi - Brand Audit
* Launched smaller SKU in form of small packs at lower price points
* 50 gm Maggi @ Rs 5
* Same strategy was replicated for other Nestle products like Nescafe, Kitkat, Bar One etc.
* Maggi discontinued their Pickles in 2002 as they didn’t perform well
* Other brands like Ruchi, Mother’s recipe etc. were also fairing poorly in this market
So far so good...
* Maggi 2 Minutes Noodles launched in 1982 in India
* Tried to create instant food category targeted at working women
* Research proved children are the largest segment
* Positioned as “Convenience Product” for women, “Fun” for children
* Tag Line: Fast to Cook Good to Eat
* High brand awareness of tag lines “Mummy, bhook lagi hai”, “Bas 2-minute”
Innovative Flavors and Indian taste
Heavily dependent on Noodles category
Low rural market presence
Uniform brand for all food category.
* Increasing Working Youth population
* Growing Packaged and Canned Food Market in India
* Brand leverage in other Snacks and Food category like Biscuits, Chips
* Highly Competitive Segments
* Price War
* Not perceived as healthy Product
( Maggi Noodles and Pasta)
* 30 years with same brand elements
* Maggi Jinngle, strongest brand recall
Result:: Maggi = Noodles in India
* Performance parameters: Time convenience, Ease in cooking, Taste, healthiness
* Brand Imagery: Focus on “usage situation”
* common man in a typical Indian household with ample activity and feel-good factor of people enjoying their beloved maggi.
Result:: High on performance parameters and positive image
Performance & Imagery
* Obvious solution of many problems - time , money , hunger, attachment
* Feeling dimensions attached with maggi is fun, smile, taste, uniqueness of maggi
Judgments and feelings
* “What about you (Consumers) and me (maggi) ?”
* Answer is “Me and Meri Maggi”
* Using Celebrity endorser for first time.
* Showing examples of real people to create a sense of ‘The Maggi Community’
Facebook page of Maggi noodles
* Page: Meri Maggi
* Present Member Count: 1,227,566 likes
* People Talking About the Page: 69,218 (5.6%)
* Launched: December 22, 2010
That is: High Customer Engagement:
* Fans throughout the country and beyond borders post their own versions of Maggi
* Interactive games/applications called MAGGI Rumble, My own Maggi pack 160+ monthly users
* Current game: Biggest Maggi fan
* Maggi continuously tries and succeeds in changing its strategy in anticipation of changing customer needs
* Big B successfully fits in the advertisements by becoming the narrator/storyteller & this ad campaign has been taken forward on Facebook as an FB App.
Having an R&D Centre close to the Nestlé India Head Office will bring Research and Development closer to Businesses, and reflects the Nestlé spirit of R&D-Business partnership towards developing ‘Winning’ concepts, suited to the local consumer. It will help Nestlé R&D to bring out strong localised concepts that are in accordance with the Nestlé Group thrust on ‘affordable Nutrition, Health and Wellness’’
- Ms. Shivani Hegde
Chairperson, R&D, Nestle, India
MAGGI would stick to the “2-minute” tagline which results in BRAND RECOGNITION and TOP OF THE MIND RECALL for MAGGI
Wai Wai Noodles
* Roped in Shah Rukh Khan as the brand ambassador
* positioning as Smoodles
* Choice of variety of masala
* promises that they can even be had after some time
* Controlled 70 per cent of the market in eastern India
Maggi Noodles had 90.7% share in December '09, the share dropped to 86.5% in July '10 on an all-India basis.
Source : Economic times
* Kissan has 41 % market share
* HUL distributed over 25 lakh tomato seeds in Mumbai and Delhi through sachets stuck to the morning newspaper
* boosted its ketchup sales by 120 basis points.
Source : http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/features/brandline/article3493817.ece
* Heinz also coming up in market share
* Focus on Point of purchase display
THANK YOU !!
Designed by : Gaurav Arora
We are Group -5
Aaina Aggarwal - 201001
Anirudh Mundra - 201016
Anubhav Gujral - 201020
Ankit Khanduja - 201017
Dhruv Bansal - 201036
Gaurav Arora - 201040
Harsh Arora - 201048