Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Week 3 Lesson 3 (Term 2): Unpacking SAC 2
Transcript of Week 3 Lesson 3 (Term 2): Unpacking SAC 2
To understand the key features of SAC 2 - Analysing argument.
Students will be able to articulate the recommended structure for SAC 2.
Entry activity: Using template sentences to...
identify and explain the impact of emotive language
1. Working in pairs.
2. Read the letter to the editor on the right.
3. Use these three template phrases to clarify your thinking and writing. Write three sentences using these templates:
The writer asserts that...
The author contends that...
For emotive language:
Value-laden words such as '...' and '...' are designed to...
On whether politicians' entitlements should be changed:
Using template sentences to help guide your thinking and writing
Using template sentences to guide your thinking and writing
1. Working individually.
2. Pick a small letter to the editor on one of the issues in your issues booklet.
3. Use the template sentences from pp.2-3 of your template sentences handout to describe
other persuasive techniques