Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Social Media System
Transcript of The Social Media System
bought by Google 2003
Image Sharing Networks
1. Original content from your organisation (news, blogs, photos, video, tweets, etc)
2. Share content from other online sources
3. Content shared by fans/followers/etc of your social media profiles
Creating Engaging Content
Remember: It's about your audience and what they need.
It's about building relationships and community
Use the 80/20 marketing rule for pull/push
Ask questions, post helpful tips, and link to articles that your audience will Like and share.
Set your goals
Define your audience
first, let's talk strategy
Develop your voice (& content)
Make a Schedule & Allocate Resources
Make it work
measure, analyse, adapt
Social Media Policy for your organisation
Social Media Goals
Connect and engage with current & potential supporters
Create an online community around your organisation
Get found by people who are looking for ways to support your cause
Promote the content you create including webinars, guides, blog articles, press releases, videos, & photos
Generate potential donors, fundraisers, volunteers, and activists for your organisation
Questions to ask
What are you trying to achieve?
Who do you want to reach?
What channels are you considering?
What channels are they using?
What are the demographics of these channels?
2013 Social Media Landscape
Maximise your profiles
• consistent blogging helps establish you as an
authority in your industry
• visitors spend more time on your site
• helps SEO (regular posting, more incoming links)
• increases interaction with customers and stakeholders
• easy to update (especially in times of crisis)
• subscriptions and email addresses
“There is no such being as nonprofits or companies - there is only a network of people doing some work under the same name with the same goals. Social media belongs to real humans doing a very human activity - connecting with one another over shared interests.”
Wendy Harman - Social Media Director - American Red Cross
Ofcom survey, published on 1 August 2013
• Northern Ireland is the tablet computer capital of the UK with almost 1 in 3
homes now owning one
• The take-up of tablet computers here (29%) is highest of all nations, higher than
the UK average (24%)
• Almost half (45%) of Northern Ireland people own smartphones — up 11% in just
• 8 in 10 households have internet access
make most of your profile space
Mostly mobile, but monitoring works best on larger device
Very mobile friendly
Instagram is an App
A little more tricky to optimise cross devices with different measurements
show continuity of brand
pick a medium
pick platforms to share story
(back to strategy)
Digital Media Specialist