Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Diseases in New France
Transcript of Diseases in New France
Beaver was very important to medicine.
Its meat was used for diets perscibed by doctors
Its kidney was used to tread mental ailments
Its Castoreum was ued to treat hyteria and neurosis The Great Epidemic The people who came over from Europe to America at the end of the 15 Century brought over many diseases that the Native populations had never been exposed to such as measles and smallpox. The effect on the First Nations was proved to disastrous. Scholars estimate that about 90% of the First Nation people died.
Did you Know: the first epidemic in Canada was called "fièvre pourpre" (purple fever) By: Shanae Nge Diseases in New France Definition of disease: an impairment of the normal state of the living animal or plant body or one of its parts that interrupts or modifies the performance of the vital functions.
My juicy question: How did diseases affect the growth of New France? Was it positive or negative? Diseaes in New France Diseases in New France