Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Trinity College Dublin's Muslim Students' Association's
Transcript of Trinity College Dublin's Muslim Students' Association's
Trinity College Dublin's Muslim Students' Association's
Annual General Meeting
The Goal for the year was to unite our members.....through Motivation, Solidarity and Ambition.
With each Committee member striving to represent and serve your TCD MSA!
All Committee Members to be held accountable for actions....Good or Bad.
First a brief summary of activity for each Committee member.
Any MSA member can hold Any Committee member accountable.
Ultimately, it was with great regard that we collectively held our positions, it is at this point that we would like to thank you for affording us the opportunity to being a part of
The part you've been waiting for (well second only to the pizza)
There are Eleven (11) positions on the 2014/2015 committee these are:
Your TCD MSA was founded in 1998, originally as a platform to lobby for a prayer room on campus.
However rapidly changed to become so much more....it began to encapsulate the collective TCD Muslim body.
The novel society managed to achieve impressive landmarks.
Successive committees strove to build upon prior success...more importantly to better serve Muslim Students.
Quranic Recitation: Surat Al-Hujurat
18:30 -- Foundations and Goals
18:40 -- Prizegiving
18:45 -- Accountability
19:10 -- Dissolution of your 2013/2014 committee
19:15 -- Election of your TCD's MSA committee of 2014/2015
20:30 -- President's Inaugural Speech
A broad/sweeping term but functionally organizes and directs the efforts of the organization, with particular regard to the aims and objectives of the association for the year.
Is the representative head of the Muslim body on Campus.
Organizes the collective troops in aims for the year.
Ensures dedication of members, and pushes for successive improvement in the society.
Vice- President (Sisters):
Tarbiyah Officer (Sister):
Tarbiyah Officer (Brother):
Special Tasks Officer (Brother):
Special Tasks Officer (Sister):
IT and Media Officer
Community Outreach Officer:
AND now the moment you've been waiting for.............
(1) - O you who have believed, do not put [yourselves] before Allah and His Messenger but fear Allah . Indeed, Allah is Hearing and Knowing.
(2) - O you who have believed, do not raise your voices above the voice of the Prophet or be loud to him in speech like the loudness of some of you to others, lest your deeds become worthless while you perceive not.
(3) - Indeed, those who lower their voices before the Messenger of Allah - they are the ones whose hearts Allah has tested for righteousness. For them is forgiveness and great reward.
(4) - Indeed, those who call you, [O Muhammad], from behind the chambers - most of them do not use reason.
In the Name of God, the most gracious the most merciful
(5) - And if they had been patient until you [could] come out to them, it would have been better for them. But Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.
(6) - O you who have believed, if there comes to you a disobedient one with information, investigate, lest you harm a people out of ignorance and become, over what you have done, regretful.
(7) - And know that among you is the Messenger of Allah . If he were to obey you in much of the matter, you would be in difficulty, but Allah has endeared to you the faith and has made it pleasing in your hearts and has made hateful to you disbelief, defiance and disobedience. Those are the [rightly] guided.
(8) - [It is] as bounty from Allah and favor. And Allah is Knowing and Wise.
(9) - And if two factions among the believers should fight, then make settlement between the two. But if one of them oppresses the other, then fight against the one that oppresses until it returns to the ordinance of Allah . And if it returns, then make settlement between them in justice and act justly. Indeed, Allah loves those who act justly.
(10) - The believers are but brothers, so make settlement between your brothers. And fear Allah that you may receive mercy.
(11) - O you who have believed, let not a people ridicule [another] people; perhaps they may be better than them; nor let women ridicule [other] women; perhaps they may be better than them. And do not insult one another and do not call each other by [offensive] nicknames. Wretched is the name of disobedience after [one's] faith. And whoever does not repent - then it is those who are the wrongdoers.
(12) - O you who have believed, avoid much [negative] assumption. Indeed, some assumption is sin. And do not spy or backbite each other. Would one of you like to eat the flesh of his brother when dead? You would detest it. And fear Allah ; indeed, Allah is Accepting of repentance and Merciful.
(13) - O mankind, indeed We have created you from male and female and made you peoples and tribes that you may know one another. Indeed, the most noble of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous of you. Indeed, Allah is Knowing and Acquainted.
How about we call it the MSA???
1. To contribute to the cultural enrichment of the diverse college communities.
2. Establishing and promoting TCD to other international Islamic student societies.
3. To promote friendly relations between Muslims and Non-Muslims
4. Conduct social and cultural activities in the best traditions of Islam.
5. To promote unity and provide a support group for Muslim Students.
6. Offering to educate interested members of the campus community on aspects of Islam.
7. Participation in interactive dialogues and discussions amongst other TCD societies.
Best Non-Committee Member, Sisters:
Best Non-Committee Member, Brothers:
Best Committee Member, Sisters:
Best Committee Member, Brothers:
"A dictator of sorts, but without the power and all of the responsibility"
"What does it mean to be vice-president!"
--As vice, your tasks are basically micromanaging everything and making sure everything is running smoothly and surely.
--Another important role is also the fact that you are expected to be an active representative for the society whether that is between other isoc's or in-between trinity. --It is a satisfying role but does require time, because you may need to step up at times and take charge.
--In short, if you are a person that likes managing projects, have communication skills, enjoy listening to peoples problems and try and solve them, and good looking ( although not a criteria but really helps, ask the current vice-brother his good looks got him along way :P) then you will enjoy this job. Salam
1. Makes decisions in the absence of the president.
2. Encourages and helps out in all of the projects/events.
3. Supports and represents the sisters of trinity.
4. Oversees and develops ways to increase sisters involvement.
5. And leaving the best for last, her most important job is to bring a smile to everyone's face!
This position is self-described it requires you to act in a secretarial role. Basically, anything and everything.
These duties include minute-taking, emailing,
co-ordinating not just the committee but the members.
The aim is to ensure constant communication between everyone.
-The nervous system.
-The tree trunk- the branches will fall off if not supported by the trunk.
-Keep track of the society's finances
-Advise on financial viability of plans
-Look after the society cheque-book
-Apply for CSC grants
-Keep all receipts
-Attend CSC meetings
-Get free science gallery membership :D
"Well what is there to say, you may regard yourself as a "Moral Compass" of sorts, trying to keep what you can within tightly upheld principles, but really you are part of the team, helping where you can with what you can, trying to form ideas with regards to educating the masses."
A monumental position, in part this role involves you:
- Lobby for increased "sisters" only classes.
- Act synonymously with the other tarbiyah officer in establishing classes based on the demand of the member base.
-Act as an adjunct to all other positions to help support them in whichever way possible!
This role does not have any set responsibilities or roles; rather the person(s) in this position must adapt to
best suit the situation. Really this role is fairly straightforward.
They're there for the craic.
Primary attributes: dexterity
In Much the same way acts as the sister counterpart to STOB.
The role of the STO is to gather as much help as is possible to streamline and organize upcoming events!
"The most Flexible of positions, gives the broadest scope!!!"
Responsible for the constant BOMBARDMENT (advertising), of all and any MSA events.
Responsible for the MSA youtube page, website and poster making (Requires Photoshop skills....or equivalent)
"Basically requires staying up all night while others sleep trying to decide the best font is, and where he MSA logo looks sharpest on the poster"
A new position,
with the media and all other organizations.
-Responsible for maintaining communication and collaboration with other Societies, Charities and other organizations in the community.
- Raises awareness of the wider community on current pressing issues.
"A Public relations officer of sorts"