Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Project "Games@School "
Transcript of Project "Games@School "
1. Teachers training
2. Class Experimentation Main objectivies
- narrowing the gap between school and technology;
-to discover skills and potential of the students of the current technological era;
- build a European network of teachers to share projects and experiences;
- demonstrate the validity of the game as an educational tool;
- development for many young people from the region of Sicily. Features
ORIGINALITY: practical and experimental model, never done before.
STRENGHT: innovation, experimentation, fertile ground, high possibility of development and business.
CONTINUITY: Based on middle school, the project follows cycles of 3 years to be updated and re-adapted to technological and social changes in progress
DEVELOPMENT PROSPECTS: Dissemination and application of best practices on national scale. Definition
Games@School project is a process of integration of technology in schools, for students and teachers
designed for the Italian lower secondary school. The Idea
Use interactive educational games in classroom,
subsidiary to classic teaching methods. Keywords
Videogames in classrooms, as a new tool for education for pupils;
Media education, to prepare and train teachers. European CONTEXT
Since April 2008 European Schoolnet has been promoting advanced researches sponsored by ISFE (Interactive Software Federation of Europe) under the project Games in Schools.
- define Videogames as educational tools;
- establish and analize games use at school;
- promote critical game education;
- Final report available @ http://games.eun.org/. Current European Schoolnet projects:
- SMILE - Social Media in Learning and Education.
- Acer-EUN Tablets Pilot.
- iTEC - Innovative Technologies for an Engaging Classroom.
- Survey of Schools: ICT in Education.
- ENTITLE: Europe's New libraries Together in Transversal Learning Environments.
- Tellnet - Teachers' Lifelong Learning Network. Italian Context
Italy has finally taken the first steps with the framework Scuola Digitale promoting several projects of integration school-technology.
http://www.scuola-digitale.it/ So, What is Games@School? A project of new media intergration at school, using digital games as mean for education side by side with traditional didactics, based on preliminary sessions of media education for teachers. THREATS
- lack of involvement of teachers,
- institutions focusing on obsolete practices.
- Alignment with European standards.
- Discovery of new teaching methods and good practices.
- Creating a network of teachers receptive for change to push the community towards innovation.
- Growth and consolidation for companies and associations of the region Sicily.
- self-employment of many young people from Sicily, as a response to the crisis. BENEFITS for students and teachers
Short term: Electronic games offer different implicit benefits: they develop cognitive skills, spatial and motional skills, and help to improve skills in the use of new technologies. Playing becomes synonymous with learning: in a stimulating environment, where mistakes are not stigmatized and learning by doing is allowed. Games promote true collaboration and competition, motivating players to join teams and compete with opponents.
Long Term: Great advantages for the creation and dissemination of the project are: the chances to duplicate it in several classes/learning environments at the same time; possibility to conceive video games for other disciplines and to scale and adapt the implementation phases depending on the needs of the promoters. BENEFITS for developers and region
Short Term: productivity and income. Sustaining development of companies and associations mainly located in Sicily (or South of Italy) as different agents cooperating for the realization of tailored e-learning products and portals; setup of a company/agency that can act as a ministerial contact for future projects.
Long Term benefits: Youth entrepreneurship, self-employment, stable economy for small business and young professionals, reduction of high competencies migrations abroad, resources to reinvestment in the territory and for the development of it. Thank you for the attention. Project "Games @ School" Three subjects:
Italian Language and Literature,
Sciences. ENGLISH LANGUAGE
Using videogames software created ad hoc.
A trilogy of educational games based on the three major texts of the classical epic Western canon: Iliad, Odyssey, Aeneid.
Software specially produced according to educational content on math and sciences. Who said Education isn't Fun? Made by: Project phases
STEP 1 - FRAMEWORK - Design, development and institutional relations: 6 months
STEP 2 - COACHING - Teachers Training: 1 month
STEP 3: EXPERIMENTAL - Teaching: 8 months (school year)
STEP 4 - FINDINGS - Collection of results and best practices setup: 2 months
STEP 5 - DISSEMINATION - Print and online publishing, media coverage and trade fairs, dissemination marketing format and sales: 2 months Teachers training
This section will give teachers the knowledge and ontological bases for conducting the experimentation.
We differentiate the didactic supply in three levels of training:
Zero - Essential instructions on digital support.
Light – Video tutorial for using the software.
Full - Teacher training sessions, live or remotely through videoconferencing.