Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
To Accommodate, Assimilate and Equilibrate.. Jean Piaget's Cognitive Theory
Transcript of To Accommodate, Assimilate and Equilibrate.. Jean Piaget's Cognitive Theory
ALL children want to learn and can learn if they are able to grasp information and attach it to a previously held thought
When new information is presented that is not easily identifiable it can cause confusion and frustration which lead to defeat in the child's mind Knowing what it means, we can now begin to discover what it means in the classroom!! Schemas. (n.d.) Retrieved September 15, 2012 from Wikipedia: https://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/schema_(psychology)
McLeod, Saul (2009) Jean Piaget. Retrieved from http://www.simplypsychology.org/piaget.html#adaptation
[gabbudd] . (2010 , February 21).Schemas, Assimilation and Accommodation [video file]. Retrieved from
"'http://www.youtube.com/watch?vyoutu.be/WAQur-Y_BJY''" SOURCES 1. Formulate a classroom management plan based on Piaget's Cognitive Theory. Do you believe a classroom management plan based around this theory would be most effective? Why or why not
2. Explain in your own words how the use of Cognitive Theory will help or hinder educators in understanding students learning abilities. If you do not think the theory will help
3. Discuss the differences between assimilation and accommodation
4. Illustrate/diagram how equlibration, disequilibration, accommodation and association work
5. Summarize in your own words the Jean Piaget's Cognitive Theory. Note important themes Question and Answer