Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Terrorists
Describe Osama Bin Laden in one word
- Radicalization in Iraq increased after the U.S Invasion in 2003
- Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi organized and carried out attacks across Iraq with his terrorist group Jama'at al-Tawhid wal-Jihad
- Joined Al-Qaeda in 2004, the group was then named Al-Qaeda in Iraq
Al-Zarqawi did not follow Al-Qaeda’s rules
The group specifically targeted Iraqi Shiites, Osama Bin laden and
Zawahiri did not agree with the group's actions.
Division of the Muslim population instead of uniting them.
Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi was killed by a U.S Air strike in June 2006
Abu Ayyub Al-Masri an Egyptian-born explosives expert lead AQI, he came up with name Islamic State of Iraq (ISI)
Osama bin Mohammed bin Awad bin Laden
Born in Saudi Arabia to a billionaire Family
Founder of Al- Qaeda
1984: Bin Laden traveled to Afghanistan, calls for a jihad, or holy Islamic war, against the Soviet occupying force. Which he finances and takes command of a force of some 20,000 Islamic fighters recruited from around the world.
Turned to Al-Qaeda
Monday, June 2, 2015
Vol XCIII, No. 311
Global war on Terror
Campaign against Terrorism after the attack on September 11th 2001
Start of fighting terror and plan to end terrorist organizations
Started with the invasion of Afghanistan
Terrorists Everywhere !!
Osama Bin Laden
Dealing with the War on
terror at home
Can the use of torture be justified as method of obtaining information? Even on alleged terrorists?
Do you think ISIS will be a legitimate governing body?
Has the recruitment of western youth by the group increased the threat it poses to the world?
Since the War on terror anti-terror legislation have been passes
To prevent terror
At the price of civil liberties and lost of privacy
Anti-terrorism Act (Bill c-36)
Recently Bill c-51
Counter-Terrorism and security act
Detainees of the war on terror
Al-Qaeda members and others responsible for the 9/11 attack
Torture was used to obtain information from the
Staff at the camp Sgt. Joseph Hickman claims that 3 men were tortured to death
Recently Omar Khadr was released
Osama Bin Laden and supporters:
Supported by my many around the world
Viewed as great leader and a fighter against the United States