Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of My Presentation
The history of badminton
The sport of badminton has its origins in ancient civilizations in Europe and Asia. The ancient game known as battledore (
bat or paddle
) and shuttlecock probably originated more than 2000 years ago.
Famous Malaysia Badminton Athlete
Lee Chong Wei
Skills and Equipment
that are on the
of your body and
Place your playing hand on the handle as if you are
The racket head should be
to the floor.
Used to hit shots on the
of the players body.
The face of the racket should
face the net.
Your thumb should be placed on the backside of the handle for
more powerful shots
Remember: your opponents job is to
play every shot away from
and the only way to reach the shuttle is
Basic Badminton Footwork:
There are many types of serves when it comes to badminton, such as:
-Used during singles
-apply to move your opponent
as far back in court
-Bring your racquet to your
-Hold the birdie by the feathers and let it drop slightly in front of you.
Luckily, this sport does not require much equipment.
(a.k.a, birdie or shuttle).
A good pair of
(they are very light and are made of a flexible rubber).
-feet shoulder-width apart
-stay on the balls of your feet
-racquet in front of your body
With the help of the ready position, players must
cover the areas shown in the diagram below
-Use this badminton serve when you want your opponent to
lift the shuttle
-Forehand: Bring your racquet to your
-Backhand: Carry out a
short back swing
and bring the racquet forward.
are also serves used in badminton
they aren't recommended to beginners.
Playing badminton more benefit such as :
- increases the levels of HDL good cholesterol while decreasing the levels of bad cholesterols
- reduce weight and attain optimal weight for height and age
- promotes the activity of the bone forming cells and help in the assimilation of calcium in the bone matrix
Badminton Smash Skill
Rules in badminton