Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Assessment Photo: Spanish Basic Phrases and Greeting
Transcript of Assessment Photo: Spanish Basic Phrases and Greeting
Grade: 8th grade (for High School Credit)
Content: Foreign Language
Theme of the Unit: Basic Greetings, Phrases, and Descriptions
Goal: You will write a letter using descriptions and conjugations.
Role: You are a student on an exchange program.
Audience: The letters are to your family and friends who speak Spanish.
Situation: You will be traveling to carious Spanish Speaking countries as a part of this exchange program. The first country is Mexico. You write to discuss people you have met on the trip. This will best illustrate your use of vocabulary, conjugations, courtesies, and cultural understandings of locations.
Product, Performance, and Purpose: You will write a letter talking about three people you have met on this trip in Mexico City. One will be an adult. There will be mention of conversations had between people, descriptions of the persons and locations.
(1) Student communicates in a language other than English using the skills of listening, speaking, reading, and writing. Students should be able to engage in oral and written exchanges of learned material; demonstrate understanding of simple clearly spoken and written language such as simple stories, commands, and brief instructions; and present information using familiar words, phrases, and sentences. The next one was in the area of Connections
(2) Student uses language to make connections with other subject areas and to acquire information. Students should be able to use resources in the language and cultures to gain access to information and use the language to obtain, reinforce or expand knowledge of other subject areas. I also included a learning goal in the area of English
B) Language Arts (8.2):
Students understand new vocabulary and use it when reading and writing. Students should be able to determine meaning of grade-level academic (English) words; use context to clarify meaning; and identify common words or word parts from other languages that are used in English. These three learning goals were essential in guiding the instruction and the activities for the unit. They were also fundamental in the types of assessments that were chosen.
Rubric for Performance Task
Quick questions given at the end of class to evaluate your understanding of what we are covering.
Ex.- Pronunciation-words you are having most trouble with; Differences between formal and informal Spanish.
A student response system where you can answer questions on vocabulary and conjugation. It gives feedback as you answer, and also allows for graphing of class answers.
You will have a conversation recorded. You will then use a rubric you as a class will create, for peer review. It will also provide information about amount of oral practice in the classroom.
Paper and Pencil Assessments:
Assessment Photo: Spanish Basic Phrases and Greetings
-How do people communicate in English and other languages?
- Why are there formal and informal ways of communicating in other languages?
_What are some simple courtesies that people have in their cultures?
-How do we tell who someone is or what they are like?
-What are some things we say when we communicate about ourselves?
-How do we ask basic information in Spanish( date, month, and seasons)?
-Which basic phrases and vocabulary words do you know?
-Which are the courtesies you know that are a part of the Spanish speaking culture and to what extent?
- What your thoughts are about what to learn in this unit?
- (L) will allow you to come back and do a quick reflection on what we have gone over.
Your learning styles and /or preferences,
– Extent of Spanish spoken in the home and community
-Access to technology
- Homework : like or dislike; amount to be spent on