Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
my supercalafrajalisticexpealadotcious music history slideshow!
Transcript of my supercalafrajalisticexpealadotcious music history slideshow!
history rap from 1600-1750 the
ba-roque style sure was mighty pretty. highly ornamental with arpeggias and trills, counterpoint harmonies gave listeners a thrill monteveri handell, J.S. Bach wrote fine music which was definatley top notch! J.S.Bach *was born in germany
*had 20 kids from two marraiges
*created fugues, that were among the finest ever written
*was a superb organist
*belongs to a lutheran church
* his longest appointment
was as music director to the church and school of ST. Thomas in Leipzig fugue in G minor classical romantic now in 1750 there came a new style it was called classical and lasted quite a while a form sullable to mozart and hadyn. Filled with simplicity, logic, and refinment! Order balance polite formality .The classical period was filled with harmony! mozart pierluigi da palestrina * born in palestrina(which is near rome)
*was appointed palestrina musical director of the Julian Chapel
* he was classical
*it has not been proven when he was born *was 13 years old when he wrote his first opera
*mozart was friends with another musician called Franz Joseph Haydn
*Requiem means a mass for the dead
*his first composition at age 8 was by the harpsichord
*he was a child prodegy Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky
*his true source of music was nature
*the loves of his life are music and nature
*he was not a very nice person
* he became deaf in his late 20's
* was a child prodigy Ludwig van Beethoven Now in 1825, The romantics came alive-in a free and emotional style. The orchestras were big and they did not care a fig if they broke the rules of form once in a while! Liszr, Brahms, Wagner, tch-aikovsky and Smerana. Loved huge orchestras the bigger the better *russian composer
*composed ballets such as:
1) The Nutcracker
2) Swan Lake
3) Sleeping Beauty
*dance of the flutes (between classical and romantic) Franz Peter Schubert *was exceptionally talented at a very young age
*given instruction in violin, piano, organ, and singing
* wrote a verry popular song called Erlking when he was 18
*did not have alot of money, he lived off his friends
*his songs were genious but sold for very cheap because he was in poverty and people took advantage of him
* lived a very short life