Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
CHAPTER 7 : PUBLICITY AND MEDIA RELATION
Transcript of CHAPTER 7 : PUBLICITY AND MEDIA RELATION
design by Dóri Sirály for Prezi
Five Main Media Categories
THE END ~~~~~
Farah Najihah Binti Mohd Razali 2012648385
Nurul Nadira Binti Halim 2012496464
Nur'Diyana Atiqah Binti Mohd Rostam Affendi 2012219174
Publicity is information about an event, an individual or group of product, disseminated through the news media and other channels to attack favorable public notice.
Eg : the film has gotten some good publicity
Importance Of Media Relations
Good media partnership can do the followings
Build confidence in your organization integrity
Build recognition factor so that your press release will be given the attention.
Establish personal relationship. Editor or reporter willingness to present your side of the story.
Rules Of Good Media Relations
Characteristics Of A Spokeperson
Handling Media Interviews
Additional Hints For Radio
It is build around "information", drawn from situation that already exits . It is inexpensive and widely use. It include new or improvement of products/services, case histories o successful usage situation.
Newsworthy situation created to generate press, radio or TV coverage.It is an event that design to create attention for a client, cause or larger event.
News happening :- KFC promotion, contests, movie premieres.
Press tours :- XVI Commonwealth Games at Bukit Jalil
Newsworthy company project :- donation. for example Beras Faezah.
A promotional opportunity residing in an event that does not have any inherent relation with your brand but possessing high audience appeal.
Pepsi appearing in Michael Jackson's "bad" music video.
Beras Faezah always appearing in Bersamamu story.
- One-on-one or a group of expert .
- give the opportunity for the media to have a good story.
- the executive are not comfortable in interviews situation so he/ she sent spokeperson to representive he/she.
Example: CEO of a collage dont wan to talk to the student in that collage for the problem occurs, so he/she represent the spokeperson to talk for him/her.
One or more speaker may make a statement which maybe followed by question from reporters.
example:- the press conferences that be held in the hotel conferences room for introduced new product or an actress/actor of a new film.
1. Shoot squarely - been honest when dealing with the press.
2. Give service - provide newsworthy, interesting and timely stories and picture that media want.
3. Do not beg or carp - don't beg to have story or complain about story treatment.
4. Do not ask for kills - don't ask media to keep the unfavorable stories out.
5. Do not flood the media- only one journalist at each news medium.
The media are important outlets for disseminating information about your organisation.
Handling Media Interviews
Knowledge of the topic to be discuss with the reporter.
Understand the organization's overall objective and strategies.
An ability to tell what she/he knows.
The confidence of top management.
A desire to do the interviews.
Always on defense.
Never go into a media interview unprepared.
Never assume that your agenda and the reporter agenda are alike.
Be friendly, be brief, be direct, and be positive.
You can have your key point written out an place where you can see it because you are not seen by anyone
Shorten the sentences and eliminate difficult phrases
Speak in a conversational tone .
Don't ask if you can review the story in advanced or change the way it is treated.
Don't mention how much your organization advertises in the reporter's medium.
Don't tell broadcast reporters you think 30 or 60 second is to short for your story.
Example: London Weight Management.
HAVE A GOOD HOLIDAYS
HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR