Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Shining City - Group 4
Transcript of Shining City - Group 4
Red- Captures attention
Green- Fresh start
Murky- Haunted, unsettling Ian's makeup will bring a
physical manifestion of his illness
to the show. Mari's makeup gives a
to the emotional pain Ian
believes he has caused Neasa.
To Ian, this pain and guilt is
very real Set was derived from a dual reality; real world vs. illusion.
The unfinished walls and floor are a representation of the unresolved issues of Ian
Sash window used to separate the two worlds with a view into both.
Circle in the Square Theatre resides on Bleecker Street in Greenwich Village. Where? Why?
Shining City addresses the lack of honest communication and intimacy taken place throughout the world due to a universal perception of social isolation and abandonment.
Shining City also promotes facing your problems to move on, instead of ignoring them and being haunted because of it. Psychotherapy and Spirituality
Expressionism and Symbolism in the text and our approach
Visit the dramaturgy website: www.group4dramaturgy.weebly.com Michael Grandage
Experience with Language
Experience with self-therapy A World Inside the Mind
Irish superstitions and culture
Science vs Religion
Isolation Neasa The difference between ghostly sounds and real world sounds
The Swell Season
Roman Catholic Requiem
- Written by The Swell Season Michael C. Hall as Ian Jason Bulter Harner as John Erica Sullivan as Neasa AdriaVitlar as Mari Andy Kelso as Laurence For further information... Visit our production website:
http://group4shiningcity.weebly.com/index.html Through the makeup design the audience will be able to see the delicate balance between realism and the illusion Ian has created.
People who disturb the world that Ian has created, such as Neasa and Laurence, bring in the pain from the outside, and this will be represented by various cuts or bruises. Human connection public relations
College tours with preview performances
Appearances on major talk shows Wide-spread advertising
Mass text message
The next Broadway season “Illusions commend themselves to us because they save us pain and allow us to enjoy pleasure instead. We must therefore accept it without complaint when they sometimes collide with a bit of reality against which they are dashed to pieces.”
- Sigmund Freud "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
-Albert Einstein "We can evade reality, but we cannot evade the consequences of evading reality."
- Ayn Rand "Are you really here, or am I dreaming? I can't tell dreams from truth."
– The Swell Season Ian John Mari