Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Computer Mediated Art
Transcript of Computer Mediated Art
Computer Mediated Art? why would we study it?
Ars Electronica Linz, Austria
ZKM Karlsrhue, Germany
Decode - V&A
Don't get tied up in what art is but it's an important question. Art is a cultural response to the human condition.
We're looking at computer mediated art because it's a response to the digital culture in which we now live. By examining this type of art we can get a handle on the important cultural questions of our time.
Andy Warhol worked with images of people and products that were ubiquitous. If you're unfamiliar with his work, look him up. He is arguably the 20th century's most influential artist.
These images are some of Banksy's work.
Stelarc had an ear implanted in his arm. Why?
Science fiction explores what if questions.
The paparazzi bots make you a celebrity
What follows are some landmark exhibitions and galleries. Explore them, get to know their work and the artists they exhibit(ed). Links are in Moodle.