Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Brecht's Gestus
The audience should be forced to think about and question these issues
Gestus Brecht's dramatic techniques served to enable the audience to become critical rather than emotional spectators "Gesture plus attitude" What does the word Gestus remind you of? Gesture, body language, movement and voice
playwright and actor's attitude towards the character
social meaning Gestus should be in no way spontaneous
Gestus should be carefully thought out to convey a particular message
Gestus should be exaggerated so the message is clear Learning objective
To create a character using Brecht's dramatic technique Gestus Students will demonstrate an understanding of Brecht’s Gestus through practical exploration and discussion
Students will be able to communicate ideas to an audience through the use of Gestus
Students will be able to experiment with Gestus to create clear characters and communicate a clear meaning What is your response to the character?
What is the social message you want to communicate?
How will you use Gestus to communicate that message?