Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
English 9 Day 26
Transcript of English 9 Day 26
on an impulse to seek revenge?
How could an obsession with vengeance
lead to tragedy? The Cask of Amontillado Historical Context Centuries ago, Christians in Italy buried their dead in catacombs--long, winding underground tunnels. Later, wealthy families built private catacombs beneath their homes. Dark and cool, these chambers were suitable not only for burial but also for the storage of fine wines, such as amontillado. Poe's story is set during carnival, which is celebrated just before the start of Lent, the season during which Christians give up various pleasures to do penance for their sins. During carnival, people wear costumes and dance in the streets. precluded made impossible in advance; prevented impunity freedom from punishment or harm retribution punishment immolation destruction connoisseurship expert knowledge impose take advantage of recoiling moving backward, as in fear endeavored tried; attempted obstinate stubborn succession series Homework: Please make sure your vocabulary
worksheet is completed by our next session.