Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Irony
What is Irony?
Irony is about expectations.
: the opposite of what is expected
kinds of Irony
A character says something but means the opposite. This is also called
The locker room smells really good.
I would love more homework.
When the reader understands more about the events of a story than the characters.
Everyone thinks Tim receives an "A" on his test, but the reader knows that he cheated.
Alex writes a love poem to Judy but we know that Judy loves Devin.
When what actually happens is the
opposite of what is expected.
General Sedgwick’s last words were, “They couldn’t hit an elephant at this distance."
”Bill Gates uses an Apple computer.