Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of P&G Draft
& SK-II Introduction
The Three Market Options
THE THREE MARKET OPTIONS
- Max Factor acquisition
- Organisation (post O2005)
- Strong research team
- Adaptability to Japanese market (e.g. habit, premium products)
How to do?
- Established in 1837
- More than 80 countries
- Revenue: 84 billion in 2013
- Max Factor acquisition in 1980
- Big Five (70%):
Shiseido, Kanebo, Kose, Pola, Kao.
- Foreign manufacturers: Avon, L'Oreal, Estee Lauder, P&G.
- Small market share in rich markets (3% in Japan)
- Comparatively weak marketing due to budget cuts (post O2005)
- Distribution system:
Beauty counsellors, specialty stores, department stores.
- Japanese consumer habits
- High average income
- Increasing demand in organic products
- Beauty conscious consumers (multistep process)
- Relatively large market size
- High average income
- Consumer loyalty
- High marketing & adversting cost
- High direct competitors in premium segment
- Different Distribution system
- Huge market size
- Distribution channel: department stores, supermarkets and online retailing.
- Average Income
- Consumer habits
- Strict regulations
- Step 1: Growing sustainably in Japan and neighbourhood markets
- Step 2: Expanding to Europe
- Step 3: Entering Chinese Market
- Product lines, not geography
- Technology innovation
- Marketing and educating users
- Different categories
+ product safety
+ luxury restrictions
+ protectionism of domestic industry