Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
"Antebellum Politics" - Jacksonian Democracy and the Rise of the Second Party System
Transcript of "Antebellum Politics" - Jacksonian Democracy and the Rise of the Second Party System
II. Election of 1824
Who? Adams, Clay, Jackson and Crawford
Results: No Electoral Majority leads to "Corrupt Bargain
Significance: Political Split
Whigs (National Republicans
III. Jacksonian Democracy
IV. The Whigs
"POLITICS IN THE ANTEBELLUM PERIOD"
Jacksonian Democracy and the Rise of the Second Party System
First Party System
Era of Good Feelings
Economic, Geographic, and Social Changes
Inauguration and Spoils System
Opposition to the BUS
Henry Clay and the American System
Authentic Democratic movement driven by popular beliefs
System still benefits privileged white men
Maintains, if not heightens, regional division