Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Is is Always Cold When it Snows?
Transcript of Is is Always Cold When it Snows?
Split into groups and come up with a list of possibilities of why we can have snow even when it's warm.
Why does this happen?
Cold front comes in first
Followed by warm front
Not warm because of snow
Snow stops because of warm front
Warm and Cold Front
Clouds act as blanket
Heat is trapped
Snow is a blanket too
Excess vapor precipitates
Warm hits cold
Warm, humid air gets heavy
Water vapor freezes
Warm Air Holds Moisture
It needs to be 32°F or below freezing in order for it to snow.
True or False
It Needs to be Below Freezing in Order for it to Snow...
32°F or less
41°F or less