Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
General essay structure :)
Transcript of General essay structure :)
- THESIS STATEMENT: reveal the purpose of the paper
- STRAIGHT TO THE POINT: don't waste time on general introductions Rules for a good paragraph - UNITY: one major topic idea (usually expressed in the topic sentence)
- COHERENCE: all other sentences must be related to the topic sentence/idea
- DEVELOPMENT: provide enough supporting information to make the reader see that what you say in the topic sentence has solid background Rules for a good conclusion: - SUMMARY: restate all major points discussed in the main body
- PROPER CONCLUSIONS: new thoughts based on the summarized discussion
- FINAL SENTENCE: a smooth ending of the paper Introduction: opening sentence thesis statement Body usually divided into 2-5 paragraphs paragraph I paragraph II paragraph III major supporting sentence minor supporting sentence minor supporting sentence major supporting sentence concluding sentence minor supporting sentence topic sentence (real or implied) Conclusion summary strong final sentence To be continued ... by